25 January 2017

Simply Fish at Brasserie Quartier

Ate Ning and I had another opportunity to have a sisters night out while dining in one of St. Regis Dubai’s restaurants last week. If you remember, the first one was last August for Tomahawk Thursdays at J&G Steakhouse.  This time, the invitation she received was for their Tuesday offering called "Simply Fish" at Brasserie Quartier. The restaurant serves mainly French cuisine, so it was adorned with chic and classy décor everywhere we looked, creating a sophisticated but relaxing ambience for the diners to enjoy.
The Simply Fish is a set menu. First we tickled our taste buds with the starters. It was my first time to try these dishes, but they were surprisingly tasty. 

If you’re like me who didn’t know what Burrata was, it’s a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. Eaten with tomatoes and slow cooked eggplant, it was a very delectable dish. However, this was the only appetizer we didn’t finish off because it was very filling and we wanted to make sure we had room in our tummies for the main course.
The Wood Fired Tart Flambe, a traditional French dish, is similar to a very, very thin pizza. Ours was topped with sour cream, marinated salmon carpaccio, lemon, and coriander, and we relished it with gusto.
The Sea Bass Ceviche (with smoked tomato and cucumber) was another appetizer we enjoyed. Light, but so tasty, the avocado complemented it perfectly.
Done with the starters, our table was cleared for the main course. Soon after, the star of the night, the Sea Bass in Salt Crust, was rolled in on a trolley.
After explaining how it was cooked (none of which I remembered, though J), the server tapped and cracked open the thick crust and proceeded to separate the fish meat from the bones.
Once she was done, Ate Ning and I immediately helped ourselves to the yummy food.
The fish meat seemed a bit too salty, but a few spoonfuls of lemon butter, parsley aioli, and coriander pesto instantly adjusted the taste to my liking. We were also provided Mixed Leaf Salad, Wilted Spinach & Kale with Parmesan, and Thyme Crushed Potatoes to accompany the sea bass.
I remember the fish looked pretty big as it was brought to our table (because of the thick crust, I guess) and we honestly thought we wouldn’t be able to finish it, but since seafood isn’t as heavy compared to red meat…surprise, surprise! we ate everything off our plates. Yes, it was that delicious!
Last, but definitely not the least, we were given our favourite part of the menu. Dessert was a variety of little pastries to top off our meal.
The strawberry tart was a bit too sour for us, the chocolate cake and chocolate tart with edible silver were very rich, but I particularly liked the éclairs and green pistachio pastry (sorry, I don’t know what it’s called).
And that’s how my sister and I spent another night out last week at St. Regis Dubai. Hmm…I’m wondering if our next sisters night out be spent there again. That would be a great idea, don’t you think? J
Disclaimer: We were invited to dine at Brasserie Quartier as guests, and although I was not obliged to write a review, I wanted to share our experience on my blog. All views and opinions are my own.

Brasserie Quartier
St. Regis Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Phone: 04-4355577

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts