17 February 2015

Look Good Feel Good at Zen the Spa

A few weeks ago, I joined a Twitter Party hosted by Grace of Sandier Pastures and Al Ghurair Rayhaan. There were 2 prizes of 60 minutes massage treatment each at Zen the Spa, and as luck would have it, I was one of the winners.
Yaaaaaaay!!!
Days later when I received a call from the hotel that I could collect the voucher, I immediately went there after work, and I was very fortunate to have met Ferry, Al Ghurair Rayhaan’s E-Commerce Manager, who invited me to their Look Good Feel Good Event at Zen the Spa the following week.  Since it would be great to see the spa’s facilities and find out what kinds of sessions they offered before I booked mine, I enthusiastically confirmed my attendance.

Right after work on the night of the event, Hubby accompanied me to the hotel’s 5th floor where the elevator doors opened up to Zen the Spa. We were immediately welcomed by a staff who took our names, gave us cards to fill for the raffle, and directed us to the spa Reception where everyone else was.
From their website: Our Zen concept derives from Holistic Asian Philosophies with an added Contemporary twist. Zen is "uncomplicated" and "uncluttered". The aim of the spa team is to provide each guest with "me time" to simply rebalance and rejuvenate - allowing them the opportunity to be transported away from often complicated, busy lives to a retreat of tranquility and calm. This is reflected through the finishes and décor within the spa.

We were promised snacks and drinks, a tour of the facilities, and spa treatment demonstrations and massages, and that’s definitely what we got!
spread of bite-sized desserts and healthy snacks
some of their beauty products
loved their swan towel!
a demonstration of their facial spa treatment
Here are a few pictures of the Ladies’ facilities part of the Spa where you can see that everything evoked calmness and relaxation
Zen decor
corridor
another Zen decor
Relaxation Room
one of their 8 Treatment Rooms
jacuzzi
sauna
Hubby tried the express massage first.
And then it was my turn. The massage was soooo good! As the lady worked her magic on my back and shoulders for a few minutes, I almost gave in to the temptation of going to sleep.
I also had a facial massage, giving me the chance to doze off a few seconds at a time while enjoying the sensation of having my face pampered.
After each treatment, I would feel lightheaded and thoroughly relaxed, with a blissful smile on my face. Obviously I enjoyed being pampered that night.

I also met other bloggers at the event
with Annaliese of Lipstick Locker
(L-R) Sheila of AB and Me, Carla of My Yellow Bells, me, and Ferry
Towards the end, prizes of massage treatments were raffled off. The grand prize, which was a return ticket courtesy of Air Arabia, was won by a very lucky young man!

As we were leaving, the staff gave each of us pretty jars of potpourri as a Thank You token.
Now that I’ve seen and experienced Zen the Spa, and with the recommendations from some of the other guests, I know what kind of session I’ll be getting. I’m so excited!


Zen the Spa, Al Ghurair Rayhaan
Tel: +971-4-2933000
Open daily from 10am to 10pm
You can check out their Spa Menu and offers for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts